The last two months of 2015 are running out. No doubt, it is high-time to plan your crazy 2016. Today we are talking about three world famous music events and about one unusual event for real “cinemaholics”. Are you ready?
Sonar – festival of music, technology and creativity. The best option for an awesome summer vacation. In the heart of Catalonia, in the home city of Antonio Gaudi: three days of wonderful sound, sun shining and an amazing atmosphere. Die Antwoord, Massive Attack, Moderate and other famous musicians will be there.
Where: Barcelona, Spain
When: in the middle of June (12-14 of June 2016).
How much: ordinary 165€ or an “extra” ticket with access to special activities is 195€.
– One thing, you need to remember: there are two types of Sonar: Day and Night.
“Sonar by Day” – is located this year in Fira Montjuïc area in Plaça d’Espanya. You can get there by metro, station Espanya (Green Line, L3) or (Red Line, L1).
“Sonar by Night” – takes place in a huge conference center named Fira Gran Via, on the outskirts of the city. Without any exaggeration, the cheapest and most comfortable way to reach it is by train. The closest station is “Europa/Fira”. Trains from Plaza Espanya run until approximately 02:00 a.m. and from Europa/Fira start running again at 05:10 a.m.
– We recommend you to stay until 23rd of June to see the celebration of the Night of Saint Joan. In general, during the night of summer solstice, people in Barcelona make fires on the beaches. There are fire-shows along the streets and, hundreds of fireworks.
Donauinselfest – the biggest and the most gorgeous European open-air festival. Every year millions of young people gather there to listen to wonderful musicians. In 2015 there were around 3.1 million of visitors.
Where: Donauinsel islands, near Vienna, Austria.
When: usually in the middle or in the end of June (26 -28 of June in 2016).
How much: free.
– The territory of the festival is extremely large (around 21 km), so do not forget to download the map from the official website and bring it with you.
– Despite, there is security at the festival, illegal beer sellers are the symbol of the Donauinsel. Do not be greedy, support the tradition and buy a can of beer for 1€.
– Another feature of the Donauinsel is threat called Langos (be careful it contains enormous amount of garlic).
Tomorrowland – the epicenter of electronic music.
Where: Boom, Belgium.
When: at the end of September
How much: “Full madness” ticket (three days of the festival) – the price of an ordinary ticket (camping not included) is around 262 €. There is also VIP-ticket it costs 484 €.
One-day ticket (for Friday, Saturday or Sunday) costs around 94 €.
Be aware, the tickets are available from February 2016. Usually, tickets and packages sold out extremely quickly within several hours or even minutes.
– You could buy food and drinks on festival, but payment is available only by special tokens (1 token = 2€), which could be easily purchase in the exchange machines. Moreover, you could pre-purchase BoozeBag for 50 € from the online store.
– DreamVille – camping at the festival, accessing to the DreamVille (package) requires an extra ticket. You could buy one package per person, unfortunately, NOT per tent.
– There is not any power at the camping, so no chance to update Facebook or to snapchat story. However, there is DreamVille charging station, to charge your smartphone there costs 3€. One more option is to bring a solar charger with you.
Berlinale (Berlin International Film Festival) – one of the essential film festivals all around the world. The main prize is “The Golden Bear”. Frankly speaking, the conception of the festival is to show extraordinary and non-commercial movies from all around the world. Berlinale is a unique opportunity to enjoy the works of outstanding directors as Gaspar Noe, Pedro Almodovar, Emir Kusturica and other.
Where: Berlin, Germany.
When: in February 2016.
How much: prices are pleasant, especially for students, tickets for a film cost between 7 and 13€.
- Buy your ticket in advance.
- After movies, the director and main actors of the film will be on hand for a Q&A. No doubt, it is worth to stay for these interesting talks (lasting between 15 and 30 minutes).
- There is also Berlinale Talent Campus and Culinary Cinema to check out.