Are you a first year student looking for a placement for your CV?
Do you want to make some real money?
Do you want to work with one of the best agencies in the North?
Well this could well be your perfect opportunity then.
Want to stand out from your peers? Student Wire is the perfect way to do so. With editor of one of the most successful student magazines around under your belt, you’ll be irresistible to future employees. Fantastic for your portfolio you’ll have experience to spare and won’t struggle to impress during interviews for placement etc. You’ll be miles ahead of your classmates in terms of real PR experience, which will only make the university work easier to understand.
About Student Wire:
In its sixth year – written for students, by students, Student Wire is a unique online magazine providing lively, relevant and credible news and features about the ups and downs of student life, offering help, advice, and tips for students attending – or thinking about – university. Based in Leeds, it now has a confirmed readership of more than 80,000 students, 40,000 Twitter followers and 4,000 Facebook fans and with exponential month-on-month growth, Student Wire is quickly becoming the hottest place to discover all there is to know about student life.
- More than 80,000 page views in the last 12 months
- 78,000 unique visitors in the last 12 months (and growing every month)
- More than 700 articles published
- Manage more than 30 student journalist writers across the UK
- Plan forthcoming editorial content
- Write and edit interesting articles
- Create social media content plans
- Manage and grow social media channels
- Attract content for sponsored posts (you get a commission!!)
We are looking for a motivated, creative PR or journalism student who is able to make Student Wire their own. They will be required to spend at least one day a week at Prohibition’s offices in Leeds where the work will take place.
To apply for this role please email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com